Workshop by Graham Lowe at the 15th Annual Health & Safety Conference. Edmonton, Alberta.
Date: November 9, 2016
This day-long workshop will help participants apply the ideas, tools and leading examples in Graham Lowe’s book, Creating Healthy Organizations: How Vibrant Workplaces Inspire Employees to Achieve Sustainable Success.
The workshop provides a forum for learning and action planning, enabling you to build the foundations for sustainable success. Is your organization nurturing the employee capabilities it will need to thrive in 2025? How can you better support employees to achieve health, safety and performance goals? What are the most cost-effective ways to promote employee wellbeing? By addressing these questions, participants will achieve the following objectives by the end of the day:
- Understand the business case for a healthy organization.
- Learn about the building blocks of a healthy organization.
- Identify opportunities for strengthening these building blocks.
- Find ways to strengthen their workplace culture.
- Leverage existing initiatives to more fully engage employees.
- Define the critical behaviours for wellbeing and performance.
- Assess progress toward healthy organization goals.
- Identify the best metrics for tracking workplace improvements.
The workshop will develop participants’ capacity for effective change. Participants will be encouraged to identify actions they can take in their day-to-day work that will contribute to a more positive, productive and healthy work environment. Participants also will identify cost-effective ways to better leverage and integrate OH&S, HR, learning, wellness, quality improvement, and social / environmental responsibility initiatives.